Wildlife and Game Food Plots
- Getting Started with a Wildlife Food Plot for Deer and Turkey
- Planting Tables with dates and seeding rates and depths for cool-season forage crops like peas & clover.
- 2005 Forage Guide (77KB pdf) with updated forage varieties, recommendations, and crop overview is a great resource publication to get you started!
- Local and regional Seed Suppliers
- Soil Testing Instructions (or simply download Soil Test Form (41KB pdf) to mail for analysis)
Also, feel free to schedule an appointment or stop by the Extension office to view our demonstration food plots. Contact Clay Olson for more information.
Send your suggestions or comments to Clay Olson, Extension Agent, or call him at (850) 838-3508
- Florida Bobwhite Quail: Production resources for the small farmer includes equipment, feed, care and more
Wild Hogs in Florida: A good hunt, great table fare and big problems for native forests, farmers, and landowners. Find out more...
Aeschynomene: Our recommendation for early, warm season plots
Deer of Florida: history & management from UF EDIS
More on Clover: Forest Legume Guide from the University of Florida
Adobe Reader is required to read a PDF document. If you do not have this program, download it for free.