Special thanks to University of Florida Professor, Bill Lindberg, for all his hard work and cooperation with the Taylor County Artificial Reef Program to establish this public artificial reef site. Plans are underway to provide an underwater diver trail to be used in educational programs with local groups, and with University of Florida Scientific Diving Program Courses.
For more information, contact the Taylor County Extension Office, at (850) 838-3508 and visit Dr. Bill Lindberg's site at the University of Florida.
- Economic Development
- Marine & Natural Resources
- Family & Consumer
- 4-H Youth Development
Steinhatchee Fisheries Management Area Public Fishing Reef Coordinates:
1. N29d 40.080'/W083d 45.336' 35' of Water.
2. N29d 39.595'/W083d 44.816' 35' of Water.
3. N29d 38.946'/W083d 45.048' 40' of Water.
4. N29d 38.514'/W083d 44.361' 39' of Water.
5. N29d 39,308'/W083d 44.758' 35' of Water
6. N29d 38.851'/W083d 44.428' 35' of Water
7. N29d 38.389'/W083d 43.948' 35' of Water
8. N29d 38.328'/W083d 44.909' 35' of Water