Weekend Backpack Food Program
Children of Taylor County Need Your Help
- The Taylor County/Perry Primary weekend food program has been developed in hopes to provide one hundred food-insecure families, nutritional meals by partnering with Second Harvest Food Bank.
• Kindergarten students and their families will have priority since learning to read is crucial to school success.
• Each weekend bag of family food will cost $4 funded by grants and community donations and distributed with volunteer help.
• School nurse, social worker, teacher and principal will determine recipients each year.
- YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE LIVES!
- Program Update
•85 familes are currently being served each week. Donations to help support this program can be sent to
Taylor County Weekend Food Program
c/o Taylor County Extension Service
203 Forest Park Drive
Perry, Florida 32348 Make check payable to Taylor County Extension 4-H Foundation; donations are tax-exempt.
- Food Facts
“Food-insecure” means at risk for hunger.
Absenteeism is three times higher for hungry children.
A hungry child may have more health problems: fatigue, headaches, dizziness, and inability to concentrate.
Perry Primary has 80.65% free/reduced fee lunch students.
Many families needing food assistance run out of food by the third week of the month.
- Sandy Toes Red Hatters Donation
- Captial City Bank Donation
- Supervisor of Elections-Dana Southerland Donor
- Perry Woman's Club Donation
Volunteers Delivering Backpacks