Taylor County Family Nutrition Program
The Family Nutrition Program (FNP) is a nutrition education program for families and individuals that are on a limited budget.
The Family Nutrition Program helps program participants develop skills that lead to:
- Improved diet through selection of nutritious foods
- Better food selection and food storage practices
- Better food safety practices when handling foods
- Effective management of food resources
Program activities include:
- Small groups educational programs
- Food preparation demonstrations
- Distribution of newsletters and fact sheets
Family Nutrition Plan educators are teaching our young children in schools about the different food groups and the importance of choosing foods that help them develop properly. Parents and caregivers are learning about meal planning and preparing low-cost, nutritious meals for the family.
Come to the Family Nutrition Program education activities and you will learn about meal planning, healthy eating for the family, and how to stretch your food dollars.